Searching for a beautiful botanical garden in Ghana to have fun or even your wedding? Then the best place to be is the KNUST botanical gardens located inside Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. KNUST botanical gardens were originally built to help research studies for the students but have been developed in recent times for other use. Though the park was built to serve the students and other staff, in recent years the park has become a popular destination for local tourists within the Kumasi metropolis, hosting thousands of visitors in the city.
- The KNUST botanical garden is open all day and the best time for students or tourists to visit the 6 am to 6 pm. As you may encounter some of the rare inserts and small reptiles living in the park when you stay late.
2. Many of the trees have provided a wonderful canopy in the garden and it also gives you a much clear view of the garden for you to see how beautiful nature is. Apart from that, the serenity, coolness, and the environmental calmness of the place makes it conducive for pleasure, relaxation, creative thinking, and all kinds of recreational activities.
Other things to do in KNUST botanical garden
3. KNUST botanical garden is the only botanical in Kumasi and has served a great place for botanical research, education, and recreational activities. Take a trip to Kumasi and visit the garden once to twice, feel the serenity and coolness of mother nature.
4. You can take a tour inside the university as it is the second-largest university in the country. You can visit the school Art center and the campus museum.
5. After a long day tour, you can now visit the KNUST mall restaurant to enjoy some great local and international cuisines.
Other places you would love to visit in Kumasi
Kumasi is a beautiful city and worth visiting. It is the largest kingdom in Ghana and a land of many histories. There are some historical sites you would love to visit and learn more about Ashanti history.
2.The Manhyia Palace Museum
3.Okomfo Anokye Sword Museum
4.Prempeh Jubilee Museum