Dede shito. It’s hot, spicy, delicious, and tasty and oh I almost forgot there is plenty of pepper, and that’s Dede Shito. Call it Pepper Sauce but if you are from where I am hail from, a Ghanaian by birth or naturalized, then “Shito” is just the name we call it.
In this week’s Emergers, we present you Dede Shito. A Startup owned by a very industrious young lady; Esther Dede Amoatey.
A delicious and tasty pepper sauce made from high-quality fish, shrimps, onions, pepper, and specially selected natural spices to give you that unique taste that makes you want more. This pepper sauce Dede Shito goes with your favorite choice of food for an amazing taste and experience.
Prepared under strict hygienic conditions with only the finest ingredients, free of preservatives and neatly packaged in various sizes.
It is seasoned to meet your preferences be it spicy hot or less spicy, however, you want it. For the meat lovers and fish lovers, Dede Shito has got you covered.
Ingredients for shito
For this shito pepper recipe, you’ll need the following:
3-4 big onions
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup grounded crayfish
3 Knorr cubes
1 cup shawa/bonga fish
2 Green kpakpo shito chilli (or to taste)
1 scotch bonnet (add more if you like it hot)
2 tablespoon tomato puree
3 inch fresh ginger
2 cups oil ( peanut oil, vegetable oil, rapeseed oil or use any of your choice)
Method in preparing shito in Ghana
This recipe is easy, detailed and you get the most delicious shito in ghana ever. This is one of the best shito in ghana recipes and you won’t be disappointed.
- First, you need to chop your onions and ginger and wash the Shawa (dry fish).
- Heat some oil in a pot and start frying the chopped onions and ginger in the oil. Fry onions till brown.
- When onions browned, take off the heat and sieve the oil. Add some of the sieved oil from frying onions into the blender, add in the fried ginger/onions, Shawa/bongs fish, tomato puree, and pepper. Blend smoothly
- Pour blended pepper mixture back in the same pot with the oil and start frying. Add more oil if need be.
- Add the crayfish, Maggi cubes, and keep stirring the sauce to prevent it burning.
- After 10 – 20 minutes take it off from fire.
Eat with yam, beans, or any food of choice. You can store in a bottle jar.
Where to purchase Dede shito
- Located in Tema or outskirts? Delivery services are available for single or bulk purchases. You can also find this amazing in a Mart near you or get social with them on the below platforms.