Some people are more prone to the common colds and allergies and they prefer to choose some natural remedy every time they get a stuffed up feeling in their nose due to the flu or allergy.
There is indeed no medicine for the treatment for the sinus relief and clogged nasal passage; however, when we look back into ancient times we come to know that people had been using many home-based techniques to get comfort from the symptoms of colds, allergies, and other respiratory problems.
One such technique that had been adopted widely by ancient people was neti. Neti is an effective natural nasal cleansing technique and it is done by a Neti Pot.
A neti pot is a small teapot like container, with a long spout which is designed to flush out mucus or debris from the nose.
So if you have nasal congestion or a blocked nose from cold or allergy, you can use a neti pot with neti pot solution in it to get immediate comfort.
Neti Pot solution
The main component in neti that works to relax you from congestion is the neti pot solution. It is a saline solution which is made by mixing pure Himalayan pink salt in distilled water.
The neti pot solution is poured in to one nostril by the neti pot; it flows through the nasal cavity and then comes out from the other nostril.
So if you have cold, flu or some allergy and you are thinking to consider a neti pot for that, you can do it at your home easily only with an accurate amount of neti pot solution in the neti pot.
Homemade neti pot solution:
The neti pot solution is mostly made with the pure Himalayan pink salt because the Himalayan salt is well known for providing relief in allergies colds and many respiratory disorders. And the good news is that you don’t have to use a manufactured neti pot solution always but you can prepare it very easily in your kitchen. Just get a neti pot from pharmacy and follow the given recipe to make homemade neti pot solution.
Neti pot solution recipe:
- Take 3 teaspoons of Himalayan pink salt
- Mix it with 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Store the mixture into an airtight jar
- Now to make neti pot solution, take 0ne glass of boiled/distilled water and dissolve a half teaspoon of the mixture in it.
Your homemade neti pot solution is ready. Just pour it in a clean neti pot and follow these steps:
- Bend your head at a 45-degree angle.
- Put the spout of neti pot near your nostril and gently pour the solution in it.
- The solution will pass through the nasal passage and will come out of the other nostril.
- Now blow the nose and clean all the mucus.
- Follow the same steps on the other nostril.
Some benefits of Neti Pot Solution:
As the neti pot solution is primarily composed of Himalayan salt and water, it carries all the healing properties of the magical Himalayan salt and provides the following benefits
- Cleanse the nasal passage
- Removes the mucus
- Relieves cold and flu symptoms
- Reduces symptoms of allergy
- Alleviate acute sinus infections
- Helps in getting rid of snoring
- Clears the nostrils and helps in breathing comfortably
- Relieves sinus headaches
- Moisturizes the nasal passage
- Removes allergens in the nasal passage
The neti pot solution is a tremendous natural remedy to relieve the sinus infections and respiratory disorders with works well without any harmful side effects.