Wi-fi range extenders are considered as the best boost the wi-fi signals of the router to play games and stream HD videos. To learn how to set up the Range Extender, follow the steps listed below.
READ ALSO: Making the Web faster with GatsbyJS
- Locate the Range Extender in the same location where the Wi-Fi Router is mounted.
- Please ensure you have an internet connection that works correctly, and the router is WPS compatible.
- Change your router ‘s protection to WPA2-PSK (AES) to get the best results, as WEP is not supported by WPS.
- Tap the ‘On / Off’ button on the extender if you discover that the router is not switched on.
- For 2-3 seconds, tap and hold down the WPS button and the WPS LED will start blinking as you do so.
- Press the wireless router WPS button within two minutes.
- The WPS LED on the Wi-Fi extender will turn into a solid green as you do so. Solid green also turns the router link LED. The two LEDs that turn solid green indicate that the Wi-Fi extender is linked to the current network.
- In order to control your network from the palm of your hand, you can perform Mywifiext setup.
- Relocate the extender to a different location where there’s hardly any signal strength.
- Now, connect your wireless device to the Wi-Fi extender ‘s new SSID.
- The wireless network name (SSID) of the extender will be shifted to a current Wi-Fi network name. Look for the name with the extension ‘ EXT’ to find it.
- Connected to the Wi-Fi router, the Wi-Fi extender can ensure that a strong internet signal is enabled in your property. However, due to incorrect connections, installation and many other factors, Wi-Fi extension will often screw it up.
Here are some of the most popular Wi-Fi Range Extenders major issues:
- Wi-Fi Extender Light is not on.
- Unable to configure the Wi-Fi booster
- Wi-Fi extender that does not connect to the Internet
- Unable to log into www.mywifiext.net
- Range Extender will not connect to the router
- Default wi-fi Extender password not functioning
- Wi-fi Extender will not connect to the router
- Default password for range extender
- Can’t find wi-fi Booster configuration steps.