Food poisoning cases have been growing significantly in recent years. Injuries and illnesses caused by food have become very common and the number of cases is rising every year, making it one of the most serious health problems in the UK. According to recent statistics, one out of 10 people suffers from food poisoning every year, which amounts to almost 6 million people.
No matter how careful you are with your daily diet, you can never be 100% safe from food injuries. Chances are that at some point, you will also fall victim to food poisoning. Although the majority of people only see mild symptoms that are curable with home remedies, general medicines, and taking care of yourself for some time.
However, there are few unlucky cases who suffer from severe conditions and they need to be rushed to a nearby hospital. Therefore, the next time you or someone close to you encounters a food-related injury, there are some important things you must know.
Symptoms Of Food Poisoning
Food poisoning happens when the food you eat contains contaminants like microbes and other toxic elements. Some of the most common bacteria found in food that is responsible for upsetting your digestive system are e.coli and salmonella. These bacteria are mainly found in:
- Beef, chicken, and fish
- Dairy products like eggs and other bi-products of milk and eggs like cheese, mayonnaise, and cake batter
- Cooked and processed food
There are various symptoms that indicate food poisoning. Different bugs are responsible for different conditions like stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, and headaches.
How To Treat The Condition
When faced with such a situation, know that it’s not the end of the world. Following these simple tips set out by the foods standard agency will heal you if your symptoms are mild:
- Drinking plenty of water and juices. Food poisoning will most likely cause dehydration due to vomiting, diarrhea, and other stomach related issues.
- Seek medical assistance. If your condition is getting severe, and you’re worried about your deteriorating health, you should immediately consult a doctor to start your medication.
- Report on the happening. If you visited a café/restaurant recently, and you believe your illness occurred after consuming their food, you must report the incident to the local authorities at once.
How To Claim For Food Poisoning
If you’re sure that the food poisoning you or any of your family members is suffering from was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should always opt for a claim. Get in touch with HD claims to hire the no win no fee solicitors in Scotland that will immediately get on the case, and discuss all the details with you, and let you know about the procedure that comes next. We guarantee that you’ll get your case successful. We shall refund your money if your claim is unsuccessful.