Do you want to know how to get verified on Instagram, you’ve come to the right page? In this simple and self-explanatory guide, we will help you in applying the verification process of Instagram. To get verified on Instagram, you have to qualify for the verification and we will help you in that as well.
Let’s start the article with the basic things you need to know about Instagram verification.
What is Instagram Verification?
Well, a verified Instagram account means that it is an authentic account of a real person or notable public figure, celebrity, or brand. You may have seen those verification badges on multiple profiles online on celebrities’ accounts and more.
You may have also seen those badges on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms as well. Now, every social media platform has started using the verification badge to authenticate the real profile from the fake ones. The verification badge also indicates that you can trust this profile as it has been vetted by the platform. The verification badge also allows users to increase Instagram followers over time.
It is very easy to spot a verification badge on Instagram, just look for a blue tick right next to the Name on the profile. These badges are considered a symbol on social media websites because they are rare and exclusive and only given to certain people of significant importance.
Qualification of the Instagram Verification Badge
If you want to get verified on Instagram, then you must qualify for the verification process. Everyone can apply for the verification but you will not get approved by Instagram as they pick who is genuine or not.
If you are a notable personality, then you might be able to verify your profile on Instagram. If not, then the Instagram team will reject your application for verification. And, you have to keep in mind that, if you have a verification badge on Facebook or Twitter, that does not mean you are qualified for the verification on Instagram as well.
If you want to qualify for the verification, then you must be authentic, unique, public, complete, and notable to say the least. Once, the Instagram verification team is done with all these things, you will be granted a verification badge. If you are confident that you meet the criteria of Instagram Verification, then you can certainly apply for the verification process.
Now, let’s shift our focus on how to apply for the verification of the Instagram account.
How to Get Verified on Instagram for Free?
Getting a verified account on Instagram is pretty easy, you just fill in a form for the verification and you are done.
Here are the steps you need to take to get verified on Instagram.
- Open your app on the mobile to access Instagram accounts.
- If you are not logged in to your account, please use the login credentials and access your account.
- Once, you’ve opened the app, go to the profile section by tapping on the profile button located at the bottom right panel.
- Now, tap on the hamburger menu from the top right and then tap on the Settings option.
- Then, tap on the Account option and then tap on the Request Verification option.
- Once, you are there, you will see a form to be filled for the verification process.
- First, you have to fill out the legal name in the first field.
- Then, enter the working name or ‘known as’ name in the text field.
- Now, you have to select a category or industry for your profile, work, or domain.
- Now, you also have to submit a government ID as proof of identification for the profile.
- Once, you are done with all that, tap on the Send button.
That’s it, you don’t have to do anything else to apply for the profile verification on Instagram. Once, you are done with the process, the Instagram team will review your application and you will get the response in the notifications area. And you should be aware that Instagram will email you regarding the verification process.
So, this is how you can get verified on Instagram but you have to be in the public domain to be eligible for verification.